Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Administrative Professionals' Day...

Is tomorrow, I've been informed.

This is a new consideration for me (I'm a newly-minted attorney, and for some reason my admin clerk in the Army didn't expect anything on that day).

But, you know, I'm just an associate, here. Isn't it up to the partners to take care of this? If not, what should I do? Do I owe cards to each staff member, or just the ones I work with most closely? Would I insult the male file clerk by getting him a card (I'd rather buy him a beer, frankly), since this firm still calls it "Secretaries' Day," and he's the only male non-attorney in the office?

Oh, the conundrum!

UPDATE:

So one of the other associates and I ask one of the two named partners about this. He sheepishly admitted that the partners were a little off the ball this year, and didn't plan anything; he was also a little frustrated at the office manager for not reminding him. Anyway, we decided that the three associates would get two cards for the two secretaries (disregarding the other staff members), and give them jointly. The Office Manager got little gifts, then, for each staff member out of the firm's kitty. Then, the Partners are putting together a firm luncheon for next week. Whew. All is settle, and I didn't have to get the file clerk a card!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you could look it up in Miss Manners....

Wed Apr 27, 01:53:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a gift basket of soaps from Bath and Body... guys love that kind of stuff, from other guys.... not!

Wed Apr 27, 01:55:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's a guy for Christ's sakes..... what the hell do you give a guy you don't know, or even care about?

Wed Apr 27, 02:01:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wshew..... close shave..... lol lol

Wed Apr 27, 10:35:00 AM EDT  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where's my flowers? And my card? You are so ungrateful for all the little things I do, each day... SOB. ...

Wed Apr 27, 06:27:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home