Wednesday, April 27, 2005

A Wonderful Bit of Fiction

Once, I asked a true-to-life submariner what he thought of the movie, The Hunt for Red October. His reply was, "Oh, it's a wonderful bit of fiction." Sometimes I think large segments of the American audience for popular media thinks all those "dramatizations" and "based on a real story" bits are, well, more true than they are. And, I think Hollywood knows this, and so builds movies around real-life institutions in a way that portrays the institution in the light that conforms to Hollywood's politics. Case in point, according to Front Page Magazine is The Interpreter. Somehow, I can just imagine myself in a debate with liberals, having to remind them that movies like The Interpreter are just wonderful bits of fiction.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Wed Apr 27, 10:38:00 PM EDT  

Post a Comment

<< Home